Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soccer Season, Once again.

Yes, it is that time of year that has come upon us once again, SOCCER SEASON!  This is Teancum's second year playing, and he is so excited.  On Monday, May 4th, was the first day.  Teancum's coach is sweet, Rebecca Devries, you see just below there.  
Earlier during registration time, I asked Ocean if she wanted to play this season, since she was now of age to play.  She said, 'No', then came the first day of soccer and she went to watch.  On our way home, she says, "Mom, I think I want to play soccer now."  The little brat. [She's really not all Brat.]  Luckily, there were extra jerseys and an extra spot on Teancum's team, and Rebecca was willing to take her.  I knew Ocean would have eventually had wanted to play.  She's a pretty good little player and well coordinated when it comes to sports.
Well, now both Teancum and Ocean are playing soccer and on the same team.  Yesterday, Wednesday, May 6th, was their first game. -They play other little Timbits teams that are in the same Vanderhoof Soccer Association.  Teancum & Ocean's team is Team 1, so yesterday they played Team 2.  Grandma Maureen Arnold took them & Ky to their soccer game, because Jaram & I, unfortunately missed the game, due to traveling down to Seattle to the temple and to see my cousin, Lucy.  Anyways, while in Seattle I talked to the kids over the phone and got the spill on the game from them.  Teancum had scored a goal and Ocean got to play Goalie.  Grandma said, they had lots of fun and they played well.   I'm so proud of them, I'm sad to have missed their first game, but Jaram and I look forward to seeing the rest of their games when we get back.
Getting ready to scrimmage against each other on the team.

just heading back to the group.

Teancum, practicing on his dribble.  Just before receiving their team jersey

1 comment:

Lisa Purcell Magalei said...

Wow...can't believe how fast the kids are growing. Aunty Lisa loves you guys! Go Team Arnold!