Friday, March 6, 2009

My Sister, My Best Friend, My HERO!

Meet my sister, Naiaga (Lisa) Purcell Magalei. She is one of my Heros. She is an amazing person and I love her. I just want you to get to know her for how I know her. I just thought I'd list on here her attributes and talents. My sister has been there for each and everyone of us, her siblings, as well as for our parents. After 3 yrs. of being married and staying with my parents to help them out, she has FINALLY left home. She and her husband, Spencer have made the "Big Move" to Lehi, Utah. My sister through the years have helped us all in some way or another. I'm not going to number the things that my sister's done, b/c there are many, but here are a few.

The Things Lisa has done:

Took care of our mom during her times of surgery.

Helped out mom & dad with payments & living arrangements.

Helped my brother Dicky, and I, financially throught out our missions.

Helped out big time, financially, in every siblings wedding -especially mine.

Takes good care of her husband, Spencer with his needs and injuries.

Always helping mom and dad out when they ask for ridiculous "faalavelave's".

Always spoiling her nieces and nephews.

The first of our family to have graduated from University, (Cal State Dominguez Hills).

Taught P.E. and coached volleyball at Bell HS, in Bell, CA. for 10 years.

She must have been in about 10+ weddings before her very own.

She married Spencer Sale Magalei on Feb. 25, 2006 and sealed to him on Oct. 11, 2008.
She was always there for me over "stupid-teenage" break-up's.

She just received a coaching position for the Volleyball team of Mt. Timpanogas HS, Utah.

and much, much more.



The things Lisa likes to do:

Spend Money on her nieces and nephews

Take pictures of her and Spencer. [ain't no joke]

Shopping! [the girl can spend. ha, ha]

Getting her hair done, and having pedicures.

Dance, dance, dance.
Sports! [Volleyball & Basketball]

Play & spend time with her nieces and nephews.
Talk on the phone. [She's always calling me, if I don't call her]

Laugh! [I love her laugh].

Give her nieces and nephews hugs and kisses.

Being with her #1, ME! (LOL!)

Eat out, especially at L&L. [ha,ha]

Cook! She's a great cook.

Blog! She's awesome at it. [She helped me do the changes to mine]

Play computer games. [A time waster of hers.]

Drive like a crazy woman. [She really is a good driver] Utah, Beware!

Lend a listening ear. [If you or the topic is worth listening to.]

Make people laugh.

and much more.

Lisa is:
Beautiful,
A Spirit Daughter of God,
The daughter of Alapati & Tauaipolu Purcell,
A beloved sister to Robert, Dicky, and me,
A favorite aunt amongst her nieces & nephews,
A loving wife,
A teacher,
A coach,
A mentor,
Compassionate,
Humble,
Fun to be with,
Funny,
Loving,
Easy to get along and to please,
A best friend,
Samoan,
Strong,
Smart,
Athletic,
Talented,
Stubborn (sometimes),
Loved.
I love my sister! I am so thankful to have her as my sister, and my one and only sister and true friend.. My life is and has been greatly blessed to have a sister such as her. I don't know what I would do without her and what my life would be if I didn't have her as my sister. My brothers and I are very fortunate to have her in our lives. I'm sure my brothers would agree. And I know that our parents are very grateful to have had her.

Love you, Lisa!

5 comments:

Lisa Purcell Magalei said...

Awwww... I am so grateful sis. for your appreciation of me. You just make me wanna cry! I love you so much and there aren't enough words can express my love for you as my little sister. Thank you so much for the blogspot dedication to me. You are the best!
Your one and only sister
Lisa

Karli said...

She sounds wonderful! Just the way I feel about MY sisters! Thanks for this post. I feel like I've known you forever and I don't know anything about your family! Well, now I do!

Kara said...

Shout out for sisters, now I want to meet Lisa too! She sounds a lot like you! Love you both now!

Photo By Emilie said...

Thanks so much for entering to win one of my fine art temple prints. Good luck. I believe Karli is announcing the winner on Monday. Thanks again.
Emilie
www.photobyemilie.com

NONU6 said...

Love this post!